Umiera Arthur C. Clarke

To jest kawałek forum dla ludzi którzy mają coś do powiedzenia na tematy polityczne, społeczne czy gospodarcze. Masz ciekawe poglądy, chcesz się podzielić swoimi przemyśleniami, skomentować wydarzenia z kraju lub świata, proszę bardzo...

Umiera Arthur C. Clarke

Postprzez Uri » czwartek, 20 mar 2008, 08:06

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7304004.stm

"A farmer's son, Sir Arthur was educated at Huish's Grammar School in Taunton before joining the civil service.

He served in the Royal Air Force during World War II, and foresaw the concept of communication satellites.

Sir Arthur's detailed descriptions of space shuttles, super-computers and rapid communications systems inspired millions of readers.

When asked why he never patented his idea for communication satellites, he said: "I did not get a patent because I never thought it will happen in my lifetime."

In the 1940s, he maintained man would reach the moon by the year 2000, an idea dismissed at the time.

He was the author of more than 100 fiction and non-fiction books, and his writings are credited by many observers with giving science fiction a human and practical face. He collaborated on the screenplay for 2001: A Space Odyssey with the film's director Stanley Kubrick. "

:/
[']
Uri
Weteran

Gadu-Gadu: 0

Postprzez Ranger » sobota, 22 mar 2008, 10:33

[*]
Ranger
Coś tam napisał

Postprzez Bonhart » niedziela, 23 mar 2008, 02:01

[*]
Bonhart